Thursday, February 16, 2012

The wonderful world of infographics!

I been reading A LOT of wonderful thought-provoking and inspirational posts from a number of green, simple and sustainable blogs as of late.  So much so I haven't had much time to actually blog myself!  The one thing that has stuck out to me and I always take the time to read are infographics.

I LOVE infographics!  I am a very visual person and I like how infographics use both words AND graphics to educate people.  It's actually quite impressive how MUCH information the posters actually contain too!  In 2-3 minutes you can learn the basics of, well, any topic really.  Not only that, the posters often have cool tidbits and connections with very applicable every day things.  I focus on the green sustainable end of the spectrum and have stumbled on quite a few recently that I want to share.

The first collection of infographics I read were compiled by Paul at Ecoprimate.wordpress.com.  He even has a tab just for the infographics he shares on his site.  The latest one is about Biofuel.  There are also infographics about shark conservation, how much water is wasted in your home, and wind power.

Today I found one about what's in trash shared by Enviro Products by New Wave's Facebook page.  That led me to gold at the end of the rainbow: DailyInfographic.com!!  I'm a kid in a metaphorical candy shop.  I'm going to start sharing the treasures I find here because, well, infographics are a lot more fun to read than paragraphs rattling on about the numbers, percentages and facts :-)

Why I love infographics:
  • visually appealing
  • easy to read
  • chalk full of relevant facts
  • great for a quick read and education
  • VERY accessible to kids and busy adults alike
  • easy to share with people
The only thing I find annoying sometimes is the slight bias I find on occasion.

Anybody know of other must see/read infographics or infographic sites?  I would love to add them!

No comments:

Post a Comment